Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boki’s Secret Recipe

When we opened our laundry shop at Gen. Luna, I instantly became one of the regular patrons of Boki’s Lugawan. They have been in the business (if I’m not mistaken) before I even met the world. They are trusted for cleanliness by everyone and they have established their reputation for the wide variety of the good-tasting snacks they offer.

I was cleaning the viewing glass of our shop when I noticed that the popular lugawan in town is closed. It was Sunday afternoon --- a perfect time for them to earn more revenue. Most people are home on a Sunday. And people do take their miryenda on an afternoon.

Weird! I told myself. They can close on a Monday. But a few seconds after, I heard the church bells.

I knew what their reason was. Sunday afternoon is also the perfect time for them to rest and celebrate Sabbath.

I suddenly remember what I told in a business meeting I had before. I told my business partner that we should close every Sunday no matter what happens. Because he had a point concerning revenue, I backed-up. We had offs during Mondays. Then I forgot about the Sabbath, not completely, but at least enough to forget applying it to my other businesses.

I realized that maybe, its one of Boki’s secret recipes for staying in the business for that long. Maybe that’s also their way of being ‘Unattached to Money’ ---which I first heard form Andrew Matthews. And maybe, in the long run, it’s worth adapting Boki’s secret recipe.

No comments: