Saturday, December 23, 2006

It’s Never Late to Celebrate Christmas

Just this morning (“as in morning”), I think I just received my Christmas gift from Santa. I drove from Eastwood going to Pasig at five this morning when a Christmas song began to play on my radio.

I don’t know why I suddenly wanted to open my window during that time. I felt the breeze on my fingers. I began to feel the spirit of Christmas even if it’s December 30th. So I sang with the radio. As I passed by a narrow street, I saw red bell-shaped lanterns that are perfectly aligned to make a pattern. The stoplight went red and so I was able to appreciate the bell lanterns for a couple of seconds more.

Green. Then it was the time for all the cars to run, but mine remained stopped. Before I knew it, the one next to me was shouting soooo hardly to make me move.

I saw how hardworking these people are. I thought, it’s so nice to drive in the morning, how come I always wanted to go to school late when I was in high school? I am really thankful for this day. I saw the ones who wake up so early to bake hot breads in the cool morning…I saw the ones who wake-up so early to sweep the whole road. I saw the ones who go to the market so early to deliver the chickens and the pork. I saw the ones (not one but many of them) who went-up early to deliver the newspapers at the gates of these big huses in the subdivisions. How hard the liofe is. But how wonderful it is to make these people do wonderful things like these.

I stopped at the church when I got to Pasig. I just wanted to pray to thank for the blessings He gave me for the whole year – “especially this Christmas” – that I didn’t see at once. I love you Jesus. And to You Father.

As I stepped out, I saw an old lady selling flowers. She didn’t even beg me to buy but I felt that I wanted to. She is another great example of the people I mentioned earlier. I talked to here for a couple of minutes while she’s arranging the stuffs I bought from her. She wakes son early to buy those flowers in bulk and sell it for the whole day. If she fails to sell all of those flowers, she ain’t got any profit.

Life could be sometimes unfair in a way or another. But I do believe that also in one way or another, God makes life perfectly fair.

I might got so upset last Christmas, but I got this better gift today that NJ might not get.

Christmas, like any other occasion, should not be celebrated in one day. We should always look forward because Santa is coming to town, “baka na-traffic lang”. What is really important is that we know how do we interpret the blessings we get. For now, I live with the hope (not hope but really believing) that there is a great future and great blessings waiting for me bit still “Under Construction”.

No comments: